March 16, 2020
As a family owned/family run company we have the utmost concern for the health and wellbeing of our employees and their families during the coronavirus outbreak. It is our desire to insure the safety of all employees.
By now, everyone has heard the precautions they should be taking:
- – Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- – Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- – Cover your cough or sneeze.
- – If you are sick, stay home.
- – Keep your distance. Stay a minimum of 6′-8′ from others.
In addition, until further notice, all offices, shops and teams should follow these best practices:
- – All meetings or other gatherings are to be kept to a maximum of 5 people.
- – No more than 2 employees working in close proximity to each other at a time (i.e. on one piece of equipment).
- – Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces on a regular basis.
As a company, we are working to set up the following adjustments where feasible:
- – Where workloads allow and with supervisor approval, office staff will be allowed to work from home. Please discuss this option with your supervisor. Instructions for working from home are attached.
- – Flexible schedules will be set up to keep a minimum number of employees in one location at a time.
While the federal government debates the current legislation regarding paid sick leave for those employees affected by the coronavirus, Central Washington Asphalt, North Central Construction, Shamrock Paving, AAA Ready-Mix, AAA Concrete and all subsidiary companies will be doing the following:
- – 10 days of paid sick leave for any employee diagnosed with the coronavirus or exhibiting symptoms that require they remain home under quarantine, or if they have to miss work to take care of a family member who has the coronavirus. This will also include any employee that has to stay home because they have a child whose school or child care facility has closed due to the coronavirus. This is in addition to any regular accrued sick leave or any earned vacation pay.
- – We have adjusted our medical benefit plans thru Premera Blue Cross to cover testing and treatment for the coronavirus with co-pays and deductibles waived.
- – Outside visitors to all locations should be limited as much as possible.
The above changes will be reviewed as needed to insure we are doing everything we can as a company to keep our employees and their families healthy and safe.
Human Resources Manager
Central Manufacturing, Inc
AAA Concrete, Inc.
North Central Construction, Inc.
Palmer Lake Ranches, LLC